Zucchini and Tomatoes
Looking for a great way to use zucchini? This pretty side dish makes the very most of summer's bounty. Topped with crunchy, lemon-infused All-Bran® cereal, it's a great side dish to serve with grilled chicken or fish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 medium zucchini. cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 3/4 lb.)
1. Crush KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal to crumbs. Melt the 2
teaspoons butter in a small saucepan. Stir in cereal crumbs. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly, until cereal is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in
lemon peel. Set aside for topping.
2. In large skillet cook zucchini in the 2 tablespoons butter until almost
tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon
juice and tomato wedges. Continue cooking until tomatoes are heated through. Spoon vegetable mixture into serving bowl. Top with cereal mixture. Serve immediately.