Zesty Spanish Rice Casserole
A meatless casserole with all the flavors of Spanish rice.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chopped onions
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 3 chopped red or green peppers
- 1 bag Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ Buy Now
- 1 (28 oz.) can seasoned, diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Romano pecorino cheese
- 4 ounces shredded provolone cheese
1. In a large saucepan, heat rice in oil until slightly brown. Add onions,
celery and peppers. Cook until vegetables are soft. Add 1 cup of water to pan, cover and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed the water. Add
2. Transfer to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, or a 3-quart casserole, coated with cooking spray and top with shredded provolone cheese.
3. Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.