Zesty Meatball Soup
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Keebler® Zesta® Whole Wheat Saltine crackers Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 small zucchini, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes with Italian seasonings, cut up
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce with Italian seasonings
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked dry small shell pasta
1. In large bowl combine egg, crackers, cheese, parsley and pepper. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into thirty-six 1-inch meatballs.
2. In Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook meatballs, half at a time, over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in center(160 degrees F), turning occasionally. Remove meatballs from Dutch oven.
3. In same Dutch oven cook zucchini and onion until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and pasta. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in meatballs. Heat through.