Zesty Corn Muffins
These colorful muffins look almost too good to eat! On the other hand, they taste far too good to resist! With jalapeno, corn and pimento, these pretty muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of chili or Southwestern black bean soup.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8.75 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup drained, chopped pimentos
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well.
Stir in corn, pimentos, onions, peppers and cheese. Add flour mixture, stirring
only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated
with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400°F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.