Zesty Chicken Strips
A kid-pleasing treat! These baked strips are an easy and fun main course for a weekend lunch or light supper. Serve them with prepared dipping sauces and a green salad for an alternative to chicken nuggets.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, split (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Crush cereal into fine crumbs. Place in shallow dish or on waxed paper; set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine egg whites, mustard, lemon juice, water, garlic salt and Italian seasoning; set aside.
3. Wash chicken and cut each split breast half into 4 strips. Coat chicken strips with flour, then dip in egg mixture. Coat chicken with crusted cereal. Place on foil-lined baking pan which has been coated with vegetable spray. Drizzle with margarine.
4. Bake in 375° F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve hot with Sweet and Sour or Barbecue sauce.