This simple bran-and-honey loaf makes for a delicious and delicately sweet sandwich bread. All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal adds a nutty taste, and it's especially good with egg salad or toasted and spread with jam and cream cheese. Great for breakfast or lunch.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 15 minutes
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups warm water (1100 to 1150 F)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl. Add honey, oil, salt,
and 3 cups of the flour. Beat well. Stir in KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran
Flakes cereal. Add remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
2. On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 10 minutes or until smooth
and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover
loosely. Let rise in warm place until double in volume.
3. Punch down dough. Let rest 15 minutes. Shape into 2 loaves and place in
greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place until
double in volume.
4. Bake at 375° F about 30 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent
over-browning, cover loosely with foil during last few minutes of baking time.
Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.