Wilted Lettuce Salad
This salad just might prove that everything really is better with bacon. Topped with a crunchy mixture of crispy All-Bran® cereal and Parmesan, and dressed with a bacon vinaigrette, this salad is a great first course for your next dinner party.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 quarts iceberg or leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- (about 2 medium heads)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Melt margarine in medium fry pan over low heat. Stir in paprika, garlic salt and
sesame seed. Add
stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cereal is crisped and lightly browned. Remove
from heat. Add Parmesan cheese, tossing lightly. Set aside.
2. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon
into small pieces. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, toss lettuce with tomato, green onion, oregano and pepper.
4. Combine reserved bacon drippings, vinegar, and sugar in small saucepan. Bring
to boil. Pour over lettuce. Cover bowl about 1 minute. Toss and portion salad into
individual salad bowls. Sprinkle bacon and cereal mixture over each portion. Serve