Whole Wheat Banana-Nut Pancakes
Delicious pancakes, featuring whole wheat flour, Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal, mashed banana and pecans, make great fare for breakfast or casual suppers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup
- Banana slices (optional)
- Chopped pecans (optional)
1. In large bowl combine flour, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN Original cereal, brown sugar, soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
2. In medium bowl stir together egg, milk and banana. Add to flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
3. For each pancake, on hot, lightly greased griddle or large skillet pour about 1/4 cup batter. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.
4. Serve with syrup, banana slices (if desired) and pecans (if desired).