Spinach, tomatoes, onions and yogurt combine in a rich and creamy vegetable sauce that's a great topping for flaky, tender, baked whitefish filets. Savory Parmesan adds the final dimension to this unusual and elegant main dish. Serve with a side of rice pilaf and a green salad for a guest-worthy evening meal.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 pound whitefish filets
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cut whitefish into 4 serving size pieces. Place in foil-lined 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain thoroughly, reserving liquid. Add water to liquid to measure 1/3 cup. In medium-size mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® BRAN BUDS® cereal and hot liquid. Let stand 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Mix in spinach, yogurt, egg whites, onion, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg, until thoroughly combined. Stir in tomato. Place about 1/2 cup of spinach mixture on each fish filet.
3. Bake in 350° F oven about 25 minutes or until fish flakes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve garnished with lemon wedges, if desired.