Walnut Roll Ups
These sweet pastries, stuffed with cream cheese and walnuts, are a scrumptious and elegant addition to the dessert table at your next holiday event or cocktail party.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110 to 115 F)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, salt, and the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Set
3. In large mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in yeast mixture and
KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal. Add margarine. Beat well. Mix
in flour mixture. Cover lightly. Let rise in warm place until double in
volume (about 1 hour).
4. Stir down dough. Divide in half. On lightly floured surface, roll out
each half to an 11 x 7-inch rectangle.
5. Place cream cheese, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and the lemon peel in
small mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread half the mixture over
each rectangle. Sprinkle with walnuts.
6. Starting from long side, roll up dough like a jelly roll. Place rolls,
seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Slit each roll halfway
7. Bake at 375° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from
oven. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into diagonal pieces to serve.