Whisk together this hearty egg, cheese, and Canadian bacon dish the night before and chill. Bake it in the morning with a crunchy Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal topper.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 9 hour
- 3 cups cubed dry French bread (3 oz.)
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Provolone or cheddar cheese (6 oz.), divided
- 1 cup diced Canadian-style bacon or smoked turkey sausage links, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, toss together bread cubes, 1 cup KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal, 1 cup cheese, and Canadian bacon. Divide among six 10-ounce individual casseroles or place all of the mixture in one 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk milk, eggs, roasted red pepper, basil, and mustard. Pour over bread mixture in casseroles or baking dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Toss remaining 1 cup cereal with melted butter, crushing slightly; sprinkle cereal mixture and remaining cheese atop egg mixture. Bake at 350º F, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes for individual casseroles (40 minutes for 2-quart baking dish) or until evenly puffed and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.