These crispy, light waffles are at their best topped with sliced bananas or strawberries and warm maple syrup. Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream for a truly indulgent Saturday morning delight.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup melted shortening
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks. Stir in milk and
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add shortening. Beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter.
4. Bake in preheated waffle iron, at medium heat, about 8 minutes or until no
steam is visible.