If you want to make breakfast fun, make waffles! This easy recipe is great for weekend guests of all ages - from the kids' sleepover friends to out-of-town relatives. These waffles combine the tang of buttermilk with sweet, nutty, fiber-rich All-Bran® cereal for a morning treat that is both nutritious and delicious - a great way to start the day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 6 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Slightly beat egg yolks. Add egg yolks, buttermilk and melted margarine to cereal mixture. Stir until well blended.
2. In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
3. Bake in preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Serve hot with syrup or fruit topping, if desired.