Veggie Stuffed Peppers
Add these colorful stuffed peppers ? red, orange, yellow, green ? to your next party buffet or holiday table. These delicious veggie entrees are stuffed with a flavorful and rich mixture of earthy mushrooms, creamy ricotta, and chewy, hearty, brown rice. An exciting alternative to the usual party fare.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 teaspoons low-salt granular vegetable boullion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt-free vegetable flakes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Wash peppers. Cut off tops and remove seeds. In large saucepan, cook
peppers in boiling water 2 minutes. Drain. Stand peppers, cut side up, in foil
lined 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add celery and
mushrooms. Saute 3 minutes. Add bouillon and vegetable flakes and cook
2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove 6 mushroom slices and set
aside for garnish. Add
mixing until thoroughly combined. Equally fill peppers with cereal mixture.
3. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve hot
garnished with mushroom slices.