Recipe submitted by: Otto Strand.
This recipe was submitted by a MorningStar Farms® fan. MorningStar Farms® brand does not test or endorse any of the recipes submitted by fans.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic beer
- 2 pkg
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning mix (available at specialty stores)
- 4 to 5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilis, diced
- 4 cans chili beans
- salt and pepper to taste
In Dutch oven or frying pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic until onions are transluscent. Add beer and bring to a boil. Add crumbles, adobo, chili powder, paprika, cumin. Next stir in diced tomatoes with green chilies and the beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
Add jalapeno peppers for extra heat!