They'll never miss the meat! This veggie chili is so rich and thick and flavorful that you'll spend every bite pondering what's in it, and not a minute thinking about what's not. With black beans, white beans, hominy, tomatoes, chilies, corn and All-Bran® cereal for extra fiber, it packs a very powerful nutrition-and-flavor double punch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) golden hominy, drained
- 2 cans (5.5 oz. each) vegetable juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced chili peppers, drained
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Fat-free sour cream
- Chopped tomato
1. In 4- to 6-quart crockery cooker combine all ingredients except sour cream and chopped tomato. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
2. Ladle into bowls. Top with sour cream and tomato. Serve with crackers.
*NOTE: Lower sodium by substituting dried beans for the canned beans. In large saucepan combine 3/4 cup dry Great Northern beans and 3/4 cup dry black beans. Add 5 1/2 cups water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour. Drain. Rinse. Return beans to saucepan. Add 5 1/2 cups fresh water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until beans are tender. Drain. Use as directed in above recipe.