This low-fat quiche makes a scrumptious summer supper or luncheon dish. Carrots, onions and broccoli give it a primavera feel, while a dash of parmesan adds a nutty, savory accent. Serve it with a spinach salad topped with toasted pecans and sliced strawberries, for an elegant and easy meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli thawed well-drained
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, tomato juice and the 2
egg whites; beat well. Stir in rice and garlic powder. Spray 10-inch glass
pie plate with cooking spray. Spread cereal mixture evenly on sides and in
bottom to form crust.
3. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, sauti onions and carrots in chicken broth over medium heat.
Spread evenly in bottom of cereal crust. Spoon cottage cheese over
vegetables. Place broccoli over cottage cheese.
5. Beat together the 3 egg whites, flour and salt until mixed. Stir in milk.
Pour mixture over vegetables in cereal crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 55 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving.