Vegetable Pita Pizza
Tasty vegetarian pizza featuring broccoli, summer squash, carrot, bell pepper and Morningstar Farms® Sausage Style Recipe Crumbles™ makes a healthy snack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ Buy Now
- 1 (7-inch) whole wheat pita bread round
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
1. In small microwave-safe bowl combine broccoli, squash, carrot, water and pepper. Micro-cook, covered, on high for 2 minutes. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Wipe bowl out with paper towel. In same bowl, micro-cook
2. Horizontally halve pita bread round. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
3. Spread each pita round with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with vegetable mixture and crumbles. Add cheese and onion. Bake at 375° F for 5 to 7 minutes more or until cheese melts.