Vegetable Fried Rice
Take a break from takeout! With a 20-minute prep time, this savory fried rice can be ready to eat faster than a deliveryman could get to your door. Bursting with cabbage, carrots, broccoli, fresh ginger and brown rice, and with an extra boost of fiber from All-Bran® cereal, it's as nutritious as it is quick and tasty!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil or sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes*
- 1 large onion, slivered
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups lengthwise halved baby carrots, chopped red bell pepper, broccoli florets or
- 3 cups sliced bok choy or napa cabbage
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
1. In small bowl stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick wok or skillet stir-fry onion, gingerroot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add carrots. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3. Stir in bok choy, rice and soy mixture. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cereal. Serve immediately.
*Note: if desired, increase crushed red pepper flakes to 1/4 teaspoon.