Vegetable Dinner Rolls
Your delicious homemade soup definitely deserves to be accompanied by these gorgeous rolls! Seasoned with herbs and spices, bursting with zucchini, carrots and onions, and full of fiber from whole-wheat flour and nutty, sweet All-Bran® cereal, these rolls make any meal special. Try them warm from the oven with fresh creamery butter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon herb-spice seasoning
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
1. Stir together flours. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal,
1 cup of the flour mixture, sugar, salt, seasoning, and yeast. Set aside.
3. Heat water and margarine until warm (115-120° F). Using regular beaters,
add water mixture and egg whites to cereal mixture. Beat on low speed with
electric mixer 30 seconds or until thoroughly combined. Increase speed to
high, beating 3 minutes longer, scraping bowl frequently. Mix in vegetables.
4. By hand, stir in remaining flour to make sticky dough. Cover loosely. Let
rise in warm place until double in volume. Stir down batter. Divide evenly
into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
with sesame seeds, if desired.
5. Let rise in warm place until double in volume.
6. Bake at 400° F about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.