Vegetable Brown Rice
This savory side dish is elegant enough for special occasions, but easy enough for everyday. Colorful, flavorful and nutritious, dotted with carrots and celery and topped with parsley, it's a great accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork or fish. Add a crisp green salad dressed with a light vinaigrette to complete the meal.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon herb & spice blend seasoning
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine chicken broth and seasoning. Bring to boil
over medium heat. Add rice; reduce heat and cover. Simmer 25 minutes. Stir
in carrots, celery and onion. Simmer 25 minutes longer or until broth is
absorbed and vegetables are tender.
2. Stir KELLOGG'S® COMPLETE® Wheat Bran Flakes cereal and tomato sauce into
hot rice. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in
parsley. Serve hot.