Valentine Heart Rice Krispies Treats™
Use white-chocolate-flavored coating, multi-colored sprinkles and/or frosting to turn delicious Rice Krispies® cereal into Valentine's Day delights.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 ounces white-chocolate-flavored confectioner's coating
- Red confectioner's coating
- Dark-chocolate-flavored confectioner's coating
- Canned vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Multi-colored sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Use 3-inch, heart-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray to cut out 10 hearts. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Melt white-chocolate-flavored confectioner’s coating according to package directions. Use spoon to smooth coating over one side of each heart.
5. To decorate, sprinkle multi-colored sprinkles over hearts before coating sets up (if desired). Melt red or dark-chocolate-flavored confectioner’s coating according to package directions and drizzle over hearts before coating sets up (if desired). Or tint frosting with food coloring and pipe onto tops of hearts after coating sets up (if desired). Best if served the same day.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.