Upside Down Pizza Skillet
The next time you get pizza cravings, forget takeout. Bake this pizza skillet at home. Kids have a great time helping press the cereal mixture onto the biscuit pieces.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal (crushed to 3/4 cup) Buy Now
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tube (16.3 oz.) refrigerated biscuits, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (2 oz.) sliced, pitted ripe olives, drained (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. On piece of wax paper combine KELLOGGS CORN FLAKES cereal and Parmesan cheese. Press biscuit pieces into cereal mixture, coating on both sides. Set aside.
2. In large, oven-safe skillet cook ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Stir in pizza sauce, water, pepperoni and olives (if desired). Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Arrange biscuit pieces on top of meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 16 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.