Upside-Down Confetti Treats™
A quick flip of the pan reveals a tasty surprise - colorful chocolate candies cover the tops of these Rice Krispies Treats®.
10 minutesTotal Time:
- 1/2 cup miniature candy-coated semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle candy on bottom of pan. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture over candy in pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve candy side up. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 and 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.