These big, yummy, homemade soft twists get a touch of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. Serve them with mustard or homemade cheese sauce for a nutritious alternative to the shopping mall treat. They're a favorite of kids and grown-ups alike and a great take-along snack!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender,
cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, onion
and caraway. Set aside.
2. Measure KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and the 3/4 cup milk into large mixing
bowl. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture and stir with
fork until soft dough forms. Place dough on floured board and knead 10 times.
Roll out to a 12 x 8 x 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Cut crosswise into twelve 1-inch
strips. Brush with the 1/2 tablespoon milk and sprinkle evenly with salt. Twist
dough to form twisted stick. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 450° F about 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Serve warm.