Twinkle Tops RICE KRISPIES TREATS®
Candy-coated chocolates add an array of color to the top of these Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats®.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup candy-coated semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or margrine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle chocolate pieces on bottom. Set asdie.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into prepared pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve candy side up. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 and 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.