Tuscan Apricot Berry Crostada
This gorgeous berry tart with a latticework crust makes any occasion special. Serve it in the summer when fresh, farmer's-market berries are bursting with flavor and easy to find. A perfect way to celebrate summer!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or red raspberries
- 1 cup apricot all-fruit spread or apricot preserves
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® ORIGINAL cereal, 1/3 cup of the sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. In small bowl combine egg, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
3. On lightly floured surface knead for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough just clings together. Remove one-third of the dough. Cover and refrigerate. Press remaining dough onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange berries in bottom. Gently dollop apricot spread over berries. (Filling will look skimpy.)
4. On lightly floured surface roll chilled dough into 10-inch circle. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips over fruit in lattice pattern. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.