Turkey Mealoaf with Barbecue Sauce
The sweet-sour barbecue sauce atop this moist, delicious meatloaf complements the mild-flavored, ground turkey.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1. To make Barbecue Sauce, measure catsup, honey, mustard and vinegar into small mixing bowl; stir to combine. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
3. Add cereal, onion, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce; beat well.
4. Add ground turkey; mix until combined. Shape turkey mixture into loaf in foil-lined shallow baking pan.
5. Score top by making diagonal grooves with knife; fill grooves and brush top of turkey loaf with remaining Barbecue Sauce.
6. Bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until done (160 degrees F). Cool slightly; slice to serve.