Here's an old-fashioned one-dish meat that's an American favorite. A creamy turkey and mushroom mixture bakes right on top of the biscuit-like crust.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter, divided
- 2 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 1 can (13 oz.) evaporated milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked turkey
- 1 jar (2 1/2 oz.) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 cup KELLOGG CORN FLAKES cereal, stirring until well coated. Set
aside for topping.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine over low
heat. Stir in the 1/4 cup flour, the 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add broth and
1 cup of the evaporated milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium
and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring
1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey and mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup cereal, the 1 cup flour, baking powder
and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
4. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in the remaining 2/3 cup
evaporated milk and cheese. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish coated with
cooking spray. Spoon turkey mixture over batter. Sprinkle reserved topping
evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around edges.