Turkey Ham Muffins
A simple and kid-pleasing Saturday afternoon snack! Turkey ham is baked right into these tasty, personal-sized muffins, which are individually baked in custard cups. Top the hot muffins with our creamy Monterey Jack cheese sauce and serve. And watch them disappear!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 slices (6 oz).turkey ham luncheon meat, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped chives
1. Stir together flours, baking powder, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, celery seed, the
1/2 teaspoon paprika and sugar. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well.
Stir in onion and turkey. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into six 10-ounce custard cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400°F about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with 1/3 cup
cheese sauce per muffin.
5. To make sauce, stir together the 1/4 cup flour and the 1/4 teaspoon salt in 2-quart
saucepan. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, until mixture boils,
stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Add cheese and
chives. Continue cooking and stirring until cheese melts. Serve hot over muffins.
Garnish with paprika.