Tropical Brunch Cake
Longing for an island (re)treat? Save your airfare and take a mini-break with a slice of this lovely tropical cake. With crystallized ginger, crushed pineapple and sliced fresh bananas, it brings the taste of the Caribbean to your kitchen table.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 9 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl combine cereal, milk, undrained pineapple, brown
sugar, egg whites and oil until thoroughly mixed. Stir in bananas and ginger.
Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in lightly
greased 9-inch round cake pan.
3. Bake at 350°F about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Remove from oven and glaze with mixture of confectioners'
sugar and hot water, if desired. Serve warm or cold.