Go bananas! This fruit-filled loaf offers the pleasing tang of buttermilk, the sweetness of ripe banana, and the chewy richness of dried apricots and walnuts. It makes a fabulous and nutritious wake-up slice, served in the morning with your favorite coffee or tea, and is equally delicious for an on-the-go, anytime snack.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 25 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup cut, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine bananas and buttermilk. Set aside.
3. in large mixing bowl, beat together shortening and sugar. Add eggs. Beat well. Add
flour mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, stirring after each addition only until
combined. Stir in
9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out
clean. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack