Tomato Beef Loaf
This old-fashioned meatloaf is truly comfort food at its best. With ground beef, tomato sauce, dry mustard and All-Bran® cereal for a nutty sweetness and tender texture, it's the great Sunday night family dinner. Serve it with mashed potatoes and a crisp, green salad − just as your mother would!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 can (8 oz. 1 cup) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal and 2/3 cup of the tomato sauce in large mixing bowl. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, onion, salt, pepper and parsley. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix until combined.
2. Shape mixture into loaf. Place in shallow baking pan. Brush with mixture of the remaining tomato sauce, mustard and brown sugar.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until done (160 degrees F). Serve hot.