Toasteds® Pecan Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 24 Kelloggs® Toasteds® Buttercrisp crackers Buy Now
- 24 Kelloggs® Toasteds® Harvest Wheat crackers Buy Now
- 24 Kelloggs® Toasteds® Savory Onion crackers Buy Now
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. With flat side of meat mallet lightly pound to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
2. Finely crush crackers. In shallow dish combine crackers and pecans. In another shallow dish combine mustard, syrup, pepper and salt.
3. Dip chicken pieces in mustard mixture. Roll in crumb mixture, shaking off excess crumbs. Place on greased rack in shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minuts or until chicken is no longer pink. Cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.