Three in one Basic Hot Bread #2
One easy batter – three delicious breads. Use this simple brown-sugar batter as a base for Marmalade Hide-Away Muffins, Spicy Apple Cake, or a Currant Tea Loaf – and let variety be the spice of your life!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Place in glass liquid measuring cup.
pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° F about 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
7. Bake muffins at 400°F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.