Three in one Basic Hot Bread #1
Impress your family with your kitchen wizardry! Just a quick flick of the spoon and a dash of All-Bran® cereal turns this fragrant, orange-scented batter into Orange Seed Loaf, Orange Muffins, or Date-Nut Squares. So go ahead – mix up some magic.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, sugar and orange peel. Add eggs
one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in
Add flour mixture alternately with milk and orange juice, stirring only until combined.
Place in glass liquid measuring cup.
anise or caraway seeds. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking
spray. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on
spray, 2/3 full. Set aside while baking All-Bran Date-Nut Squares.
and 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Spread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking
spray. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into
squares when cool.
6. Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Bake Orange Muffins about 20 minutes or
until golden brown. Serve warm.