Three Grain Muffins
Hearty muffins, made with whole wheat flour, oat bran, millet and sunflower seeds, provide plenty of whole-grain goodness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons millet
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, optional
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original Buy Now
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
1. Stir together flours, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, millet
and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal, sugar,
applesauce, egg whites, oil, molasses and almonds. Beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch
muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.