The Steakhouse Stack Snack
These hearty appetizers of grilled, spicy flank steak and lemon-infused horseradish cream sauce make idyllic party fare.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 25 minutes
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel (peel from 1 lemon)
- Kosher salt
- 60 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In small bowl stir together olive oil, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Rub on both sides of steak. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat grill. Grill steak directly over medium heat for 12 to 17 minutes or until medium-rare (145° F), turning once. Transfer to plate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
3. Meanwhile, for Horseradish Cream Sauce, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, sour cream and lemon peel. Season with salt (if desired). Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
4. Remove steak from refrigerator. On cutting board, crosswise slice steak into 1/4-inch-thick slices. (Cut across the muscle grain not parallel to it.) Cut each slice into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-long pieces.
5. Spoon horseradish cream sauce into plastic food storage bag. Snip off small corner of bag. Pipe small amount of sauce onto each KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Original cracker. Top each with piece of steak. Pipe remaining sauce on top of steak pieces. Sprinkle with chives.