Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip
Black beans, salsa, cilantro, cumin and fresh lime juice, all favorites of Tex-Mex cuisine, abound in this easy cracker topping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers (optional)
1. In small saucepan combine beans, salsa and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
2. Reduce heat to low. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Add cilantro and lime juice. Stir until combined. Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with additional cheese, if desired. Serve warm with crackers.