Be sure to choose the leanest ground beef you can find for these tasty sandwiches. The lightly seasoned meat mixture bakes right on the bread, making the sandwiches ready-to-serve right from the oven.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 9 or 11-inch loaves brown 'n serve French bread
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) grated or sliced, natural sharp Cheddar cheese
1. In large mixing bowl, combine beef, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onions, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and evaporated milk. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Cut unbaked loaves of bread in half lengthwise.
3. On cut side of each half-loaf bread spread one-fourth of meat mixture, covering to edges. Place on baking sheets crust side down.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until beef is done (160 degrees F). Top with grated cheese or cheese strips during last 5 minutes of baking. Remove from oven. Serve immediately.