Tangy Turkey Spinach Salad
Who could resist this salad? Sweet and tangy salad dressing and crunchy roasted turkey slices top a salad of spinach, mandarin oranges, celery, and cucumber.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Low Fat Granola Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, thinly slice
1. In small bowl whisk together honey, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Cut turkey into 4 serving-size pieces. If necessary, lightly pound each piece to 1-inch thickness. Dip into egg whites. Roll in KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K LOW-FAT GRANOLA cereal. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter.
3. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until turkey is tender and no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together spinach, orange sections, celery, cucumber and onions. Arrange on 4 serving plates.
5. Carefully slice hot turkey. Place on salads. Drizzle honey mixture over top. Serve immediately.