Tangy Fruit Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpse flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Add eggs and apple juice. Beat well. Add flour mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in crushed cereal. Drop by level measuring tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° F about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
immediately from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. When completely cooled, frost with apple icing. Decorate with additional cereal, whole or crushed, if desired.
Apple Icing: Measure sugar, butter and apple juice into small mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.