Tangy Chicken-Noodle Bake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/3 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups noodles, uncooked
- 2 cans (3 oz. each) mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup snipped, fresh parsley (optional)
1. Mix KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs and margarine. Reserve for topping.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Add enough water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, to make sauce, measure flour and milk into saucepan. Place over low heat, stirring until smooth. Add bouillon cubes. Gradually add the 2 cups liquid, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
4. Layer cooked noodles, mushrooms, chicken, sauce and parsley in ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle buttered Corn Flake Crumbs evenly over top.
5. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sauce is beginning to bubble.