Tangy Banana Bread
Everyone loves banana bread! And they'll love THIS banana bread even more. Raisins, apricots and a healthy dose of lemon give this satisfying quick bread a rich fruity quality that banana alone can't deliver. With chopped nuts for a satisfying crunch, it's a lovely anytime treat.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Dice raisins and apricots in food processor. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
3 In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, bananas and lemon
juice. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add eggs and margarine.
Beat well. Stir in fruits and nuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Pour
into 9-inch ring mold coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with whipped
cream cheese or whipped butter.