This is classic tabbouleh at its best: loaded with anti-oxidant-rich parsley, mint and lemon and made with heart-healthy olive oil. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal for a hint of sweet, nutty flavor and a boost of fiber, this summery salad is a lovely accompaniment to grilled chicken or seafood.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 5 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint
- 4 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1. In fine mesh colander place bulgur. Rinse under cold running water for 1 minute.
2. Finely chop parsley and mint. In large bowl combine bulgur, parsley, mint, tomatoes, green onions, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Stir cereal into mixture. Serve immediately.
Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern salad recipe made with bulger wheat. It makes a
great side dish! Bulgur, also spelled "bulghur" or "bulgar," can be found in rice, pasta
or baking ingredient sections of your local grocery store.