Swiss Cheese Bake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/4 cups Keebler® Zesta® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 slices bacon, crsip-cooked, drained, crumbled
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. In small bowl toss crackers with 1/3 cup margarine or butter. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook onion and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons margarine or butter until tender. Spread in cracker crust. Sprinkle cheese and bacon on top.
3. In bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt and paprika. Pour over cheese in crust. Bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.