Craving a zesty appetizer? Then try these crispy-coated sweet potato slices topped with a creamy avocado sauce.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato (about 14 oz.)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk or almond milk
3 1/2 cups
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seeded and chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
1. Scrub potato. Cut into fifteen to sixteen 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2. In small bowl beat together egg and milk. Set aside.
3. In food processor combine KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage and ground red pepper. Cover and process until fine crumbs form. Pour into shallow dish. Dip potato slices into egg mixture. Roll in cereal mixture, gently pressing crumbs onto potato slices. Place, in single layer, on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° F for 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning after 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for avocado cream, in food processor combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. Add onion. Pulse once or twice to combine.
5. Place potato slices on serving plate. Spoon avocado mixture on top of slices. Serve immediately.