Sweet Potato Pancakes
A single serving of these anti-oxidant-rich pancakes is a good source of vitamin A. Plus they have both fiber and vitamin C. For a gorgeous addition to your next Sunday brunch, serve them piping hot, with spiced applesauce and a dollop of sour cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
1. Shred 3/4 cup potato. Set aside. Cook remaining potatoes in boiling, salted water
until tender. Drain and mash in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour, salt and 1/8 teaspoon each of the
ginger and cinnamon. Add to mashed potatoes. Stir in egg, milk, margarine, vanilla
and reserve shredded potatoes.
3. Heat oil in large fry pan. Portion mixture, using 1/4 cup for each pancake, into fry
pan. Flatten slightly. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes on each side or until
golden brown. Keep warm in oven at 250° F until serving time. Combine remaining
ginger and cinnamon with applesauce. Serve pancakes with spiced applesauce.