Sweet 'n Sour Meatballs
Looking for an exciting new centerpiece for your hors d'oeuvres table? Grape jelly and cayenne pepper are the secret ingredients that make these sweet and sour meatballs so mouthwatering good. Nutty, sweet All-Bran® cereal lends texture that will make these meatballs a welcome addition to any party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg whites until thoroughly combined. Using level tablespoon, portion and shape meat mixture into balls. Place in foil-lined shallow baking pan.
2. Bake at 400°F about 12 minutes or until brown. Drain, if necessary.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Place hot meatballs in sauce and simmer 5 minutes or until done (160 degrees F). Serve hot.