Sweet Cornbread Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream
A smooth, honey cream frosting tops these sweet cupcakes made with Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal and cornmeal.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- For Honey Buttercream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups powdered sugar
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just untill combined. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. Portion evenly into eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 350°F for 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
In small mixing bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter, cream cheese and honey on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. (If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until spreading consistency.) Spread on cupcakes.